(Delmar) Digital Design with CPLD Applications & VHDL
Download digital Design with CPLD Applications & VHDL Robert Dueck & Red River College 2nd EDITION for free in PDF
This Second Edition continues to use programmable logic as the primary vehicle for teaching digital design principles, and maintains its cutting-edge status by updating to Altera's newest Quartus II software, the most current method of digital design implementation. This Windows-based software allows users to design, test, and program CPLD designs in text-based (VHDL) and graphic (schematic entry) formats. The Second Edition introduces CPLDs earlier in the teaching sequence, laying a solid foundation for more advanced principles without neglecting underlying digital fundamentals such as Boolean algebra, logic minimization, and combinational and sequential circuits. VHDL and Quartus II applications are provided throughout.
Meet the Authors
Robert Dueck, Red River CollegeRobert Dueck received his B.Sc. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada, and worked for several years as a design engineer at Motorola Canada in Toronto. He began teaching in 1986, specializing in digital and microcomputer subjects in the Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology programs at Seneca College in Toronto. His first book, Fundamentals of Digital Electronics, was published in 1994, and he has written several additional textbooks. He now teaches digital electronics and related courses at Red River College in Winnipeg. Mr. Dueck is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (APEGM) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). He served as chair of the Winnipeg Section of IEEE in 2002 and was branch counselor of the Red River College Student Branch from 1997-2006.
- provides more thorough coverage of introductory techniques of VHDL, including enhanced simulation of VHDL designs
- new chapter on microprocessors design teaches the organization of registers in a CPU as well as the practical issues of tristate bussing and timing
- a highly visual, full-color art program incorporates functional use of color to highlight important features, making concepts easier to grasp
- Lab.Source CD includes all labs packaged free with book
Table of Contents
- Basic Principles of Digital Systems.
- Logic Functions and Gates.
- Boolean Algebra and Combinational Logic.
- Introduction to PLDs and Quartus II.
- Introduction to VHDL.
- Combinational Logic Functions.
- Digital Arithmetic and Arithmetic Circuits.
- Introduction to Sequential Logic.
- Counters and Shift Registers.
- State Machine Design.
- Logic Gate Circuitry.
- Interfacing Analog and Digital Circuits.
- Memory Devices and Systems.
- Introduction to Microprocessors.